1. Enclosed Isolating Industrial Transformer
- The WM range of floor or wall mounted transformers are available in wide range of input and output voltages and power ratings 600v 415v 400v 380v 240v 230v 220v to 600v 415v 400v 240v 230v 220v 120v 115v 110v 100v
- As a manufacturer Airlink is able to customize to almost any other voltage from 10 to 2000volts
- General Purpose Wall Mountable safety isolating transformers
- Ideal for use in industrial garage, workshop and general fixed installations.
- Operating frequency’s 50/60Hz
- British Built high quality Isolating toroidal transformers
- In addition to our standard range, we will be pleased to quote for your special requirements
- Usually dispatched within 48hours
2. Why and where used
Isolation transformers provide galvanic isolation and are used to protect against electric shock, to suppress electrical noise in sensitive devices, or to transfer power between two circuits which must not be connected. Isolation transformers block transmission of the DC component in signals from one circuit to the other, but allow AC components in signals to pass.
General Purpose Wall Mountable safety isolating transformers. Ideal for use in industrial garage, workshop and general fixed installations. Operating frequency 50/60Hz
3. What is an Isolating Transformer?
An isolation transformer is a transformer used to transfer electrical power from a source of alternating current (AC) power to some equipment or device while isolating the powered device from the power source, usually for safety
Suitably designed isolation transformers block interference caused by ground loops. Isolation transformers with electrostatic shields are used for power supplies for sensitive equipment such as computers or laboratory instruments.
Strictly speaking any true transformer is isolating, as the primary and secondary are not connected by conductors but only by induction. However, only transformers whose primary purpose is to isolate circuits are routinely described as isolation transformers. .
An isolation transformer is insulation between primary and secondary and is tested to withstand 3000volts between windings.
4. Wiring circuit diagram
5. Installation notes
Hand reset thermal cut out trip in primary circuit to reduce chance of overload
20mm conduit entry on both sides of steel enclosure (IP22)
Terminals provided inside the enclosure
6. Quality Control
All transformers manufactured by Airlink Transformers have been subject to the BS EN ISO9001:2008 management standards
Conforms BSEN61558-2-6 CE & RoHS