1. Enclosed Auto wound Industrial Transformer
- The AU range of floor or wall mounted transformers are available in wide range of input and output voltages and power ratings 415v 400v 380v 240v 230v 220v to 120v 115v 110v 100v
- As a manufacturer Airlink is able to customize to almost any other voltage from 10 to 2000volts
- Auto transformers can be used to step-up or step-down for example a “0-110-230v” transformer may be used to covert 110v to 230v (step-up) or covert 230v to 110v (Step-down)
- Operating frequency’s ranging from 50Hz to 400Hz however it should be noted that a transformer will not change the frequency the output frequency will be the same as the input frequency.
- British Built high quality Auto wound toroidal transformers
- Ideal for secure power conversion on the shop floor
- In addition to our standard range, we will be pleased to quote for your special requirements
- Usually dispatched within 48hours
2. Why and where used
Autotransformers have the advantages of often being smaller, lighter, and cheaper than typical dual-winding transformers, but autotransformers have the disadvantage of not providing electrical isolation.
Autotransformers are often used to step up or step down voltages in the 110-115-120 volt range and voltages in the 220-230-240 volt range—for example. Providing 110 or 120V (with taps) from 230V input, allowing equipment designed for 100 or 120 volts to be used with a 230 volt supply (as in using US electrical equipment with higher European voltages
3. What is an Auto Transformer?
An autotransformer (sometimes called auto step down transformer)is an electrical transformer with only one winding. The "auto” prefix refers to the single coil acting on itself and not to any kind of automatic mechanism In an autotransformer, portions of the same winding act as both the primary and secondary sides of the transformer. The winding has at least three taps where electrical connections are made.
4. Wiring circuit diagram
Auto transformers can be used to step-up or step-down for example a “0-110-230v” transformer may be used to covert 110v to 230v (step-up) or covert 230v to 110v (Step-down)
5. Installation notes
As an auto transformer both the input and output share a common neutral and earth.
6. Quality Control
All transformers manufactured by Airlink Transformers have been subject to the BS EN ISO9001:2008 management standards
Conforms BSEN61558-2-13 CE & RoHS