due to a very high volume of sales,
orders placed today may take up to 28 days to arrive.
Please email enquiries instead of phone.
How to Choose a Voltage Converter
Voltage Converter Selection Guide
- The power consumption is stated in VA or Watts and can in most instances be considered the same, 300W = 300VA
- Most appliances will have a rating label on the back Stating voltage and power for example: 120vac 198va in this case choose a 200va transformer
- Always check individual rating label or instruction whenever possible
- If an inadequately rated transformer is used, the transformer will cut out periodically or blow fuses. In all cases it is important that the transformer is rated above the appliance with which it is to be used.
- Temperature Our converters are designed to run at a max of 40degC above ambient. They may get hot during full load operation and should NOT be placed on carpet or other soft furnishing.
- Ventilation Converter must have free air ventilation and not be covered.
- Frequency The mains frequency in the ECC is 50hertz and in the USA 60hertz all our transformers are designed for 50/60hertz.
- We cannot step the frequency up or down. This requires a signal generator and amplifier. Almost all-electronic equipment is suitable for 47 to 63htz
- Regulation This is the power lost (heat) in the normal operation of the transformer. A regulation of 6% means the transformer is 94% efficient
- Manufactured to Class A 105degC
- RoHS & CE Compliant
- Clocks If a timing device is included the speed of the device may change due to the frequency change. 60Hz to 50Hz Digital clocks will be OK as they are not be affected by the change in frequency. However Analog clocks are and will run slowly.
- Off load Converter are safe to be left on when not in use and draw a very low current (Typically 30ma)
Listed below are typical ratings CD player 100 va Christmas tree lights 50 va Computers 300 va DVD player 100 va Electric kettle 1500 va Freezer 1000 va Games console 100 va Hair dryer 2000 va Hair Straightening Iron 250 va Hand Blender 440 va Hi fi 300 va Laptop computer 100 va Large fridge freezer 1000 va Large Vacuum Cleaner 1500 va Nebulisers 100 va Radios 50 va Refridgerator 300 va Rice Cooker 1400 va Small home printer 70 va Small Vacuum Cleaner 750 va Soy Milk Maker 1000 va Television Large flat screen 400 va Television Medium 300 va Television Small 12" 100 va Travel Iron 500 va Video player 100 va Washing machine 2000 va Water Purifier machine 280 va X Box Games consol 300 va Twin socket Transformers. The total load of both appliances must not exceed the rating shown on the label.
The above figures are an indication only and legal responsibility or liability for the accuracy or otherwise of any statement herein is hereby excluded in respect of the author of the material.